Wednesday, December 15, 2010

TMNT Spaceship!

Well today I was at a local junk shop and I ran across a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle space ship. It was a great size for converting into a game ship. The biggest problem I have with coming up with ships for my space port and sci-fi games is that toy space ships are usually no bigger than a large shuttle and only suitable for very small parties. The TMNT ship is larger. At least light freighter in scale and reasonable enough in size for most RPG parties.
Here's a few shots with some of my other ships. As you can see it's larger but not so large as to make it unplayable. I can wait to get started fixing it up.

7 comments:

Zanazaz said...

That's a nice spaceship. What scale are you using for your sci-fi games? 15mm or 28mm?

Ironworker said...

28mm scale.

Deserter said...

Nice to see you back on the Starport stuff :) Looks like a great find.

Jay said...

Very cool! I've seen a few of these around and it's a great idea for a conversion.

GreyWolf said...

Great ship good thinking looks super how did it turn out ? Thanks Grey inVa

Ironworker said...

Unfortunately I have not yet finished it. Hopefully I will get back on ships soon. At the moment we are working on fleshing out the forces of the solar empires.

Jay Exonauts said...

I never got a chance to circle back to this post, but not long after reading this, I was able to track one of the Tricerton ships down. It still had the "horns" attached--quite an impressive toy both in size and play features. Thanks for the awesome idea!