Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Saturday, July 28, 2012
I've considered going in and trying to clean these up with some putty but they kind of are what they are and I need to have the three we have started done by Sunday for a game so it's unlikely I'll do any more detail work.
I'll be painting these in my Hell Knights cammo pattern with markings. I'm hoping that will make them look a bit nicer. All in all though I'm pretty happy with the results especially since these are made from scrap cardboard and junk. They probably cost less than a dollar in materials.
Friday, July 27, 2012
Notes: We played this battle out over a month ago. Since then we have also played another Episode of "Maxed Out" that I need to put up. I'm not entirely sure if I got all the details correct but this is basically how things turned out. I believe we gave the Titania forces a point advantage because they were assaulting a fortified position. I think the next battle will be a straight up fight.
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Our other barrels are all generic so we decided these should have corporate labels as well as warning labels. Cutting out and pasting on the labels was by far the hardest part of the project. We cut and pasted literally hundreds of them.
You might recognize some of the fictional corporations we used. Not bad for a weekend project I guess. These are part of a larger supply depo project we are working on. Next up will be some other containers and we hope to have some large shipping crates as well. We already have a lot of labels printed out.
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Monday, July 9, 2012
Speaking of interiors here is a shot of Rosie's Workshop with furniture and some data screens I made using the same method as the signs.
Friday, July 6, 2012
One word of warning. You need to be very careful that you keep your work surface clean when using these card display protectors or any other clear plastic items. I messed up one of my heavy duty protectors because I accidentally laid one of the pieces in a small drop of super glue that I got on my work table. I think I can salvage it as a distressed display or I might set it up to be one sided and mount on the side of a building or something.