Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Quick and Dirty Power Generator and Miners

A couple weeks ago I posted some quick and dirty com stations where I used the tops of cheap razor handles for the arms supporting the dish. Well I took the rest of the handles glued them together and sanded the bottoms flush then mounted that on a soda bottle cap to make this small power generator.
Here it is painted up. I think this will make a nice power generator for small farm or outpost. The project took less than two hours to complete and went together fairly simply.

I also finished the Venture Star miners. These minis were giving me trouble due to a bad primer job but I'm fairly happy with the way they turned out especially since they are basically NPC types.

7 comments:

Lasgunpacker said...

I am surprised at how well those RT guard arms work with the Catachan bodies.

Ironworker said...

That's actually an Empire Militia arm I sculpted the pocket on.

Will Scarvie said...

Sweet! I've been trying to figure out how to build force field emitter pylons, to create a sci-fi fence around a structure. Your power generators will work very nicely, and I happen to have a bunch of those cheap disposable razors already.

Thanks!

Ironworker said...

Yeah I could definately see them in that role. Might even work with just one handle facing outward for each pylon. Let me know what you come up with!

Anonymous said...

I love the power generator, its fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Great idea. I like it a lot and looks really cool!

anevilgiraffe said...

generator looks great, your OSL may have spilled out to the sides a touch too much though...