Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sci-Fi Cargo Containers from Coke caps.

Well I came up with a little project today. Last night my wife came home with a bunch of caps from Coke bottles she got from work. They all have a code or something you can enter into some on-line contest. When she was done she asked me if I thought we could make some kind of terrain out of them. I picked up town of them and stuck the rims together and it looked a bit like some kind of chemical barrel or cargo container. I made a few today. Nine out of her lids and three from two litre bottles.

These are the kinds of caps I used from the little 20oz bottles.

Here they are glued together with super glue.

Some 28mm minis for scale refference.


Basecoated with an olive green spray paint.



Drybrushed.



I added some hazard signes I got from this location: http://www.toposolitario.com/workshop/infinity_miniaturas/signals_n_panels.pdf




And here is the final results with a basic wash of dark burnt umber and some different colored sludge for a bit more color and detail on some of the containers.

5 comments:

sho3box said...

Those look far better than I expected they would at the start of that post, nice work :)


Did you have any problems getting the glue or paint to stick to that plastic?

Ironworker said...

Nope no trouble really. Thanks.

Sergeant Crunch said...

Excellent idea! Consider it stolen :)

Cyborg Trucker said...

Excellent project and I nice use of something normally tossed out with the trash. Those really came out great and the use of label decals really finishes it of nicely. Also nice to see you're posting again.

Eli Arndt said...

Excellent idea. At the rate I consume the fizzy stuff, I should be able to make a cargo ship full of these in no time.

-Eli