Monday, August 18, 2014

The Start of a Jovian Empire Household Army

I've started putting together a Jovian Household Army for my Solar Empires Setting.  The bulk of the Jovian military forces are made up of the various Household Armies each of which are commanded by powerful Jovian Nobles to protect the Empire and their own holdings.

I've constructed this squad of troopers to represent typical Household Footmen.  I used Wargames Factory Shock Troopers for the base figures then augmented them with Neo Brit Trencher Heads from Maxmini.  I also used Trencher backpacks and Comm Backpacks from Secret Weapon Miniatures.  They are based on 1/8x1 inch steel washers.  I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out.

The small mechs are a pair of Jovian Battlesuits usually piloted by lesser Jovian Knights.  They are M.A.R.S. HEROES toy robots I picked up at Dollar General.  The same brand I have made all my other battlesuits out of.  These however are sold individually.  

I'm not sure when I am going to get around to painting this force.  Right now I'm working on Pirates but I hope to get them on the table soon.

No comments: